Skip to the content
To be updated for Fall/Winter 2021-22
INCREASED COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
The well-being of our members, athletes, staff and community is our biggest priority. New standards and procedures have been implemented in addition to the existing sanitation and safety protocols for the venues and for our programs. On a daily basis, we are monitoring the current developments to ensure we follow the latest federal & provincial policies & recommendations.
Whistler Nordics is following recommendations to align with CCBC’s update plan – see Resources below.
Maintaining a Safe & Clean Venue Environment
– Participants in club-directed activities are asked to complete a Participant Agreement acknowledging their acceptance of the risks involved with taking part in Whistler Nordics programs and events. Click here to see the online CCBC Participant Agreement. (Registrant names are public.)
– Daily screening of coaches for symptons of COVID-19. Relevant staff, coaches, volunteers and participants should complete the online Self-Assessment Tool on a daily basis when participating in group activities. Link: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
– Physical distancing mandatory at all times when possible (minimum 3 metres)
– In areas where physical distancing cannot be maintained, personal protective equipment such as masks will be worn by coaches. We also ask participants in our programs to wear masks if physical distancing is difficult.
– Occupancy limits set and posted on our indoor spaces in order to maintain physical distancing
– Restrict participants from using indoor spaces, only those requiring rentals to enter rentals area at WOP / Passiv Haus
– Meet outdoors in allocated areas to allow for physical distancing
– Participants in Whistler Nordics Programs keep their distance from other WN Groups and other groups.
– Smaller numbers of participants in groups to maintain physical distancing while on trails.
– No gatherings allowed – parents to drop off and leave the area asap. Same for pick up.
– At WOP, limited use of Whistler Nordics trailer and obey signage, wear mask, be aware of occupancy limits, sanitise anything you touch and sanitise hands on entering the space.
– For SDP Participants & parents, no access to indoor space in Flex Space at WOP or Passiv Haus at Lost Lake. Use your car to keep your belongings.
– Handwashing and hand sanitation protocol for members and coaches, sanitation stations available in high traffic areas throughout the venue
– Plexiglass / barriers installed in rentals at WOP and Passiv Haus
– Increased cleaning and sanitation of high touch surfaces and areas, such as Guest Services check-in area, counters, payment terminals, washroom facilities etc.
What we ask of members, athletes and parents:
– Carry out a BC Covid-19 Self-Assessment before participating in any of our programs/events.
– Do not participate in our programs if you:
-1. Are feeling sick / have been experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19
-2. Have travelled from outside the country in the last 14 days
-3. Have been in close contact with anyone with a respiratory illness or a probable/suspected case of COVID-19
– Maintain a safe physical distance from others, wear a mask when distancing is not possible or when advised
– Follow the posted signage
– Wash / Sanitise your hands before participating
– Be patient with our team and others as we navigate this new normal
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!