The well-being of our members, athletes, staff and community is our biggest priority. New standards and procedures have been implemented in addition to the existing sanitation and safety protocols for the venues and for our programs. On a daily basis, we are monitoring the current developments to ensure we follow the latest federal & provincial policies & recommendations.
Whistler Nordics is following recommendations to align with CCBC’s update plan – see Resources below.
Maintaining a Safe & Clean Venue Environment
– Participants in club-directed activities are asked to complete a Participant Agreement acknowledging their acceptance of the risks involved with taking part in Whistler Nordics programs and events. Click here to see the online CCBC Participant Agreement. (Registrant names are public.)
– Physical distancing mandatory at all times when possible (minimum 3 metres)
– In areas where physical distancing cannot be maintained, personal protective equipment such as masks will be worn by coaches. We also ask participants in our programs to wear masks if physical distancing is difficult.
– Occupancy limits set and posted on our indoor spaces in order to maintain physical distancing
– Restrict participants from using indoor spaces, only those requiring rentals to enter rentals area at WOP / Passiv Haus
– Meet outdoors in allocated areas to allow for physical distancing
– Participants in Whistler Nordics Programs keep their distance from other WN Groups and other groups.
– Smaller numbers of participants in groups to maintain physical distancing while on trails.
– No gatherings allowed – parents to drop off and leave the area asap. Same for pick up.
– At WOP, limited use of Whistler Nordics trailer and obey signage, wear mask, be aware of occupancy limits, sanitise anything you touch and sanitise hands on entering the space.
– For SDP Participants & parents, no access to indoor space in Flex Space at WOP or Passiv Haus at Lost Lake. Use your car to keep your belongings.
– Handwashing and hand sanitation protocol for members and coaches, sanitation stations available in high traffic areas throughout the venue
– Plexiglass / barriers installed in rentals at WOP and Passiv Haus
– Increased cleaning and sanitation of high touch surfaces and areas, such as Guest Services check-in area, counters, payment terminals, washroom facilities etc.