Teck Regional On snow Day Camp
Sunday Dec 6, 2020
Host Club: Whistler Nordics
Whistler Head Coach: Maria Lundgren
Ph: 604 906 1081
This is an on-snow camp for youth age 9-13 years in the Coast region (born 2011 to 2006). Due to COVID
restrictions this camp will be a one-day camp and will not include an overnight option. Activities will include
classic & skate skiing, technique feedback, drills and games. All camp activities will be held at Whistler
Athletes are to bring all their own food for the day (drinks, lunch and snacks.)
Camp Drop Off: Sunday December 6th, 2020, 9:30 am at Whistler Olympic Park at the cross country venue.
Exact meeting spot will be sent out once athletes are registered. Participants are expected to have had
breakfast prior to the start of the camp.
Camp Pick Up: Sunday December 6th, 2020, 2:30 pm at WOP (same location as drop off)
Camp Fee: The camp fee is $25.00 CAD including Zone4 processing fees. This fee will be used to cover
some of the volunteer coaches’ expenses and incidental expenses. Any excess income will be put towards
Trail Fee: $8.19 ($7.80 day + 5% GST) – athletes with a Seasons Pass at WOP does not pay a trail fee.
Sign up: Please confirm your attendance by registering on Zone 4 at https://zone4.ca/reg.asp?id=25027
Due to COVID restrictions there will be a limit of 40 athletes.
Registration closes at midnight on Friday November 20th.
• We will follow the CCBC COVID-19 Return to Sport protocols.
• All participating athletes, coaches and participating parent volunteers need to fill out the online
participant agreement before the camp and the self-assessment tool that day before the camp.
• Athletes should come with all their own food (drinks, lunch, snacks.)
• We will be outside all day. There will be access to washrooms only, not the flex space. Bring warm
clothes, rain gear and enough extra clothes in case of wet/cold weather.
• Everybody should have at least two face masks to wear when social distancing is not possible.
Masks will not be worn during training activities – athletes will need to social distance.
Parents: Parents are encouraged to stay and ski in the Park for the day (trail pass need to be purchased at
the gate). Here is information from WOP.
a. Parents Can: Ski, walk dogs on leash – come prepared for the day outside or with a
book to read in the car, food, coffee, etc. They can also leave and come back for pick
up. WOP staff will do a final sweep of the park at 4:30pm so all cars should be outside the
gate by then.
b. Parents Can’t: Access flex spaces or wax trailer, the lodge will have limited seating
for a quick lunch and washrooms will be open at xc stadium as well as the day lodge.
Parents can’t stay all day in the lodge as there will be limited seating time.
We will send more details, including a waiver and COVID-19 guidelines, to participants once the registration
On-snow camp packing list
• BC Care Card/ Medical Number
• Sunscreen & Lip Balm
• Rain Jacket
• Puffy Jacket – WARM
• Training Clothes
• Long underwear
• Toque (min 2)
• Gloves (min 2 pair)
• Classic Skis, Boots and Poles
• Skate Skis, Boots and Poles
• Water bottle and carriers
• Basic first aid (band-aids, polysporin, moleskin, tape for feet etc)
• Please arrive with your classic skis waxed and both set of skis should be scraped as there will not be
an option for waxing
Please leave electronic devices at home.
All participants (16 years and under) will receive a toque from Teck and Cross Country BC